Wednesday, February 11, 2009

cupcakes && 808's

i met this girl the other day; she made me look her way.
nice skin, neat dreds and a pretty ass face.
she was an artist,
and her body was her canvas.
Delicately intricate ink kissed every inch of her skin;
telling tales only she knew the story of.
Just as my words paint a picture before you
her body unfolds and i read her tale.
Pigment rushing down soft curves and over steep hills.
covering every sexy spot of her petite frame.
She was a lion; a dragon; a mouse; a woman.
She possessed a quality greater than those around her,
a predilection for the fine and abstract,
a desire to be reeled in.
a yearning for more.
she was fierce.
anxious.
temperamental.
erratically volatile.
Yet she was sweet.
tasted of a peach grown from the rich Georgia soil.
showered with just enough sunlight and rain to grow.
She was peace.
Blessed with the knowledge and wisdom
that with independence comes great responsibility.
She was too good.
I admired her femininity.
Even though she shopped in the mens' section
her words, her smile, the way she leaned in to whisper to me.
Her intimacy.
The way she held my hand and traced down my spine as i slept.
The way she said "dont touch me" but i woke up to her wrapped around me.
The way she kissed me on my cheek as she laid on my back.
The way she kept saying goodbye... but she kept coming right back.
It was wonderfully magical.
She came into my life and touched it with a bit of romance.
She was beautiful.
Patient and knowledgeable.
From what I could see she was worth the compromise.
But i guess empirical senses cant always be trusted.
She made me smile as big as the sun.
She was everything I wanted.
She walked into my life when i felt like everyone else walked out.
Gave me something new to think about.
But i didnt want her.
I wanted the idea of what she represented.
I wanted somebody.
And she happened to be there.
I only wanted her in theory.
See even though my words have painted a beautiful story
her reality didn't parallel my tale.
I'm a dreamer.
And i was determined to make her what I needed.
But she cant bring me that happiness.
Heard melodies are sweet; but those unheard are sweeter.
therefore ye soft pipes... play on.
She was good.
But my imagination is better.
So in this case... i'll move on.

2 comments:

SLOWLYbtngU said...

Wait... Is this who I think??? Oh and this is Joselyn :o)

xmakeupdollx said...

i love how visual this was..kudos