Wednesday, December 3, 2008

chad THEE fckin bad

aight, so idk what my mother put in the water when she raised me and my lil bro, but we are definitely two unique individuals. My bro said the funniest thing on his blog, and not haha funny, but "hmm..." funny. He was like.... "I have no religion, but i totally believe in God. " I can agree so much! It's not like we weren't raised in the church or anything but, I just feel like since we were non denominational and we didn't do the hooping and hollering of the Baptist church or pay the grievances of the Catholic church we bypassed a lot of the silly shit church folk do and relegion was given to us in a more logical format. It was explained to us in a rather straight forward way and not forced down our throats. God was always common sense to me. I believe in God. I believe he sent his Son to earth to die for our sins. However, I do not believe a lot of the words in the Bible. Personally, if its not in RED text, i feel like it was open to mans interpretation and cant be trusted. That's just another nigga telling me what he derived from the actual events and we all know how twisted second and third hand stories can be. I feel like as long as you led a morally correct life and you believe then you should be accepted into the gates. Period.

But....
who defines morality?
thats another question all in itself....

1 comment:

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Yeah, religion has become a bit organized and sifted. I grew up a Jehovah's Witness, but I can't say that I ever truly practiced it. I believe most if not all of the things taught in the religion. It's the strict policies that get me. I feel like in most religions people feel they have to lead double lives just to step foot into the church. They purposely don't do things or don't say things to be accepted by their church. I'm not with that. I live my life as I want to live it. I try to do good by people, and I keep my relationship with God on the up and up. I am a firm believer that He is the Ruler of all things, and He loves ALL OF HIS CHILDREN. I acknowledge Him and His Son, who like you said, was sent here to earth to die for our sins. My faith and love in the Lord is my winning ticket. I don't need an organized religion to cop that for me.