Saturday, October 11, 2008

Who are you?

Under all the fakeness, The "who should I be todays" , and the "who do they want to see", who are you really? Take away the facade; the I'm so cocky demeanor.
Loose this god forsaken barrier and be honest. Who are you? Remove all the preconceived notions and stop acting on what you think they expect from you. Do what's in your heart and on your mind. You cant be that bad all the time. Be true to the spirit that dwells within you. Disregard these thirsty little girls who say you should do this, dress like this, act like this. I want to hear your heart speak; so I can see if this is meant to be. At this stage I wont call you friend, but I dare not call you enemy, until I get to see the person they don't see. Any bitch can be hard in the streets. Any bitch can be a baller and any bitch can get hoes. But I wanna know what you can do. What's different that you bring to the table? Cute can only take you so far. Swag can only get you to level 2. What is the extent of your mental capacity? Could you enjoy a date with me void of nudity, vulgarity and profanity? Can you sit beneath the stars with me and speak from your soul? Could I take you on a spiritual journey exploring the depths of my being? I know within you you have to be some kind of wonderful. Be yourself. Not who these girls make you into. I want to know the woman who lies within you. So again, I ask, not really expecting an answer, who are you?

1 comment:

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Damn, good stuff mama. I'm sure you've read many of my blogs regarding the same things. People being everything that they THINK others want them to be. Keeping up with the times or more so trying to stay a step ahead of the times just to impress others. In the meantime they hide who they truly are. Just because they have a few people riding their dick; they tend to forget that they are basically selling themselves short and compromising they real man or woman that is within them.